'with' field contents for IPI annotations

David Hill dph at
Wed Mar 1 06:16:39 PST 2006

Actually, if an author is looking at a specific isoform, it is usually
easy to tell which Uniprot-# it goes with by looking at the sequence.
The probelm I run across is when the isoform corresponds to a Trembl
record. Is that record just rolled into the generic uniprot id or does
it actually become associated with the correct isoform?

> We will also accept UniProt Isoform Ids (P00001.1, P00001.2) if you
> can figure out which is the correct one in the paper and its has an id
> in UniProt..bit of an awkward one at the moment.

David P. Hill, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator
Mouse Genome Informatics
Gene Ontology Consortium