Curator prediction of NOT kinase activity

Emily Dimmer edimmer at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 02:48:27 PST 2006

Hi,

One of our annotators, who is an expert on protein kinases, has looked
at the sequence of a putative protein kinase and from noticing a couple
of amino acids changes at its active site, has predicted that it does
not possess any kinase activity - she did not use any software and there
is no published work on this protein.
Do you think this type of annotation should be represented in GO (we
feel this annotation is of high quality and adds valuable information to
a protein which has not yet been characterized), and if so how should
this annotation be shown?

Thanks,
Emily