Curator prediction of NOT kinase activity

David Hill dph at informatics.jax.org
Wed Mar 8 05:10:48 PST 2006

I can see your point, but that would mean that every database should
have an internal ISS reference. We have one, but it is only for
orthology and subsequent inheritence of GO terms. Our's doesn't address
this issue of a NOT. I think in either case, a User might be confused.
If I were a naive User and I saw the annotation as you describe, I might
think the NOT was a mistake becasue the proteins were so similar. If the
protein in the with field is taken from the paper that discusses the
critical residues, then maybe it would be less confusing. I'm not sure.
I think we could generate confusion both ways.

David