allergene annotation

Harold Drabkin hjd at informatics.jax.org
Tue Mar 14 05:40:54 PST 2006

I would not; they are the a cause, but they are not involved in the
process (which is not occurring in the plant).
The GO is used to indicate the normal function and process of a gene
product. You need to look at it from the point of view of the organism
that produces the gene product. If these perform some function for the
plant, that is what you would annotate them to. Perhaps there are terms
associated with defense in a plant (ie, along the lines of something
that is released to deter the plant from being eaten???__?