allergene annotation

Harold Drabkin hjd at informatics.jax.org
Tue Mar 14 06:06:30 PST 2006

Yes, a new term would work much better.  However, it may or may not be
the "normal " function or process.
A virus or symbiont host interaction is a bit different, because those
interactions are most likely critical for the life cycle (eg, if you
don't have a host, the virus can't replicate, etc.).  Many people are
allergic to gluten, but is that a normal function/process of  gluten?