[SO-devel] Re: annotating to pseudogenes

Bruce Aronow bruce.aronow at
Tue Mar 14 08:52:00 PST 2006

Hi Michael,

What about if a standard pseudogene evolves into a regulatory microRNA?
I would like to do a query for what fraction of pseudogenes are transcribed
and what fraction of them might be producing regulatory RNAs.. How would the
microRNA-generating locus be annotated to recognize that it derived from a
(likely) pseudogene origin?

Regards, Bruce

On 3/14/06 11:37 AM, "Michael Ashburner (Genetics)" <ma11 at>