'with' field contents for IPI annotations

Petri, Victoria VPetri at hmgc.mcw.edu
Wed Mar 1 07:40:22 PST 2006

Hi Doug,

If the paper does not provide clear information regarding the identity
of the interacting partner - which happens quite often - we do not
further investigate. If we use the 'with' column it is the gene ID that
is placed there. On the other hand, if the paper provides good
documentation for the interaction we annotate both rat genes to the
appropriate GO terms (they may use different domains) and reciprocally
use their gene IDs in the 'with' column.

Victoria

Victoria Petri, Ph.D.
 Scientific Curator for Gene Ontology
 Rat Genome Database (http://www.rgd.mcw.edu)
 Bioinformatics Research Center (http://www.brc.mcw.edu)
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown PlankRoad, Milwaukee, WI 53208
 (414) 456-7507
 (414) 456-6190 Fax
 vpetri at mcw.edu
vpetri at mail.brc.mcw.edu