Curator prediction of NOT kinase activity

Valerie Wood val at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 03:47:39 PST 2006

Evelyn Camon wrote:

> ok..so sequence similar to what?? the sequence/domain for the active
> kinase???

I now have a vague memory that we decided this was OK once before for
this purpose. A curator, or other expert, looked at an alignment, or hmm
and decided based on the absence of certain residues that the use of NOT
was appropriate with the domain ID in the with column......

did we?

or could we have Inferred by Curator from Sequence (ICS??)..hmmm

> Ev
>
> Valerie Wood wrote:
> > I think I prefer ISS, because this is essentially a judgement which has
> > been made by assessing the sequence.....
> >
> > Evelyn Camon wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm not keen on the GO_REF idea I'm afraid...could we propose that IC
> >>could be used without GO ID on these odd occasions...not sure what
> >>publication you would use though...
> >>
> >>Ev

> >>--
> >>Evelyn Camon
> >>GOA Coordinator
> >>Senior Scientific Curator
> >>European Bioinformatics Institute
> >>Tel:01223-494465
> >>Fax:01223-494468
> >>E-mail: camon at ebi.ac.uk
> >

> --
> Evelyn Camon
> GOA Coordinator
> Senior Scientific Curator
> European Bioinformatics Institute
> Tel:01223-494465
> Fax:01223-494468
> E-mail: camon at ebi.ac.uk

Valerie Wood		       Tel: 01223 494954
S. pombe Genome Project	       Fax: 01223 494919
The Sanger Institute           email: val at sanger.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Projects/S_pombe
Cambridge
CB10 1SA