allergene annotation

Jane Lomax jane at
Tue Mar 14 05:50:36 PST 2006

We could add a new term for this actually, as a child of interaction
bewteen organisms:

interaction between organisms ; GO:0051704
---[i] physiological interaction between organisms ; GO:0051706
------[i] induction of immune response in other organism ; GO:new
---------[i] induction of hypersensitive response in other organism ;

Don't use GO:0016068 (type I hypersensitivity) because that term
describes the process in the organism reacting to the allergen.

Dr Jane Lomax
GO Editorial Office
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Cambridgeshire, UK