[SO-devel] Re: annotating to pseudogenes

Suzanna Lewis suzi at fruitfly.org
Tue Mar 14 10:29:00 PST 2006

"I would think perhaps that when a feature classified as a pseudogene
is determined to have a function, it would be reclassified......"

I agree with the above.

The mechanism by which it arose is not the issue.

If is has a function, then it is not a pseudogene by definition.
period.

This is not withstanding Trypanosome community usage of the term. Where
we will do need to do some extra work to deal with this in the
ontology.

-S