chicken GO annotators?

dave burt (RI) dave.burt at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 00:29:01 PST 2006

Dear All,
Many thanks for the huge amount of support for the chicken GO proposal
Next I would like to hear from those labs willing to take a more active
role in the "Gene Ontology Annotation" process itself?
As part of the proposal we will provide software, access to GO resources
and databases, training etc so you can enter your own GO terms for genes
you are interested in [for example see Leif's email below]. So together
with EBI, Roslin, Agbase, and other labs the chicken community can catch
up very quickly with other model species.
SO, PLEASE SEND ME YOU DETAILS - DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS LIST -
apparently many email boxes were overloaded in the last calls (so a
great success?!).
Dave

Professor David Burt
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh)
Midlothian EH25 9PS, UK
tel: +44-131-527-4218
fax: +44-131-440-0434
http://www.ark-genomics.org

Dear Dave,

I strongly support this initiative which I consider a very important
step in making available genomic resources even more powerful for
research.
One suggestion for the proposal is that one develops convenient tools
for the community to contribute to this program. Individual researchers
should be able to submit important information that are published or
even unpublished.

Sincerely

Leif Andersson
Uppsala University