This is one way you can now use GO and submit your GO annotations

Shane Burgess burgess at cvm.msstate.edu
Fri Mar 31 07:22:04 PST 2006

Dear all ,
Dave is doing a wonderful job of raising the awareness of GO.
However, it is clear that many of you are new to Gene Ontology and this
email is just to let you all know that you already can submit your own  GO
annotations for agricultural species (for which you will be acknowledged
in the database). You can also use GO to model your microarray and other
functional genomics data right now.

The information is available at AgBase http://www.agbase.msstate.edu/

Its not quite as easy as it sounds to do GO annotation. But we have been
working with the GO consortium (especially GOA and the Mouse Genome
Institute) for sometime now to make it easier for our research
communities. Just email us with any questions you have. We can advise you
on the evidence codes. We can also format your accession files. We will be
talking about GO in much more detail at the Cold Spring Harbor
Laboratories Workshop on CHICKEN GENOMICS & DEVELOPMENT May 7 - 10, 2006.

Regards
Shane, Susan and Fiona (at AgBase).