substrates

Valerie Wood val at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 09:59:34 PDT 2007

I think for both yeast all of these terms are only  transmembrane
transporters (from current knowledge).

I couldn't be sure for other organisms though......

(I do currently have BTN1 annotated to organic acid transporter activity
and this is NOT a TM transporter, built this is incorrect, it is
generated from a SPKW mapping and will need to be removed......)

Val

J Clark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody think of any example of transport of the following
> substrates (belonging in the function ontology) that is not
> straightforward transport from one side of a membrane to another?
>
> organic acid transporter activity
> tricarboxylic acid transporter activity
> carbohydrate transporter activity
> alcohol transporter activity
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jen

Valerie Wood			 Tel: 01223 496909
S. pombe Genome Project		 Fax: 01223 494919
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute	 email: val at sanger.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus	 http://www.genedb.org/genedb/pombe
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH	 http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Projects/S_pombe