use of Uniprot accession Vs GenBank Accession in With column

Karen Christie kchris at genome.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jan 30 13:42:21 PST 2007

Hi Pankaj,

GenBank IDs are already allowed in the with column. The main requirement
is that the abbreviation (or namespace) for the source of the ID be
included in the GO.xrf_abbs file. There is already an entry for IDs coming
from GenBank/DDBJ/EMBL, so these IDs are already permissable.

-Karen

abbreviation: EMBL
database: International Nucleotide Sequence Database Collaboration,
comprising EMBL-EBI International Nucleotide Sequence Data Library
(EMBL-Bank), DNA DataBank of Japan (DDBJ), and NCBI GenBank
object: Sequence accession number
example_id: EMBL:AA816246
example_id: DDBJ:AA816246
example_id: GB:AA816246