Clarification of MGI IEA

Harold Drabkin hjd at informatics.jax.org
Mon Mar 12 12:55:55 PDT 2007

Now that the basement is redone and the water pumped out....

In looking over Eve's flow chart, it occurs to me that IEA at MGI is
mostly not actually a sequence generated process.
We  take a  UniProt record into the db is it has seq_ids that match a
marker in MGI. Note we just compare the ids.
Then, we extract the keywords, domains, and EC #'s from those records,
and match them against the three translation tables.

However, the J:80000 IEA reference  (Riken load) was done by Riken using
blasts and best comparisons to either UniProt or IP and the GO assigned
. But the above paragraph is the bulk of our IEAs

Harold