Proposed schema ... please avoid use of non standard sql

Luca.Toldo at merck.de Luca.Toldo at merck.de
Wed Dec 13 01:38:44 PST 2000

Dear John
I am trying to load the proposed schema in oracle 816 (also Oracle 8i
release 2 )  but I am getting the following problems:

"serial primary key"     several of the columns in the proposed schema have
the attribute "serial"
               That is unfortunately only used in Informix implementations.
               I guess in Oracle that could be accomplished with the object
"sequence"
               For example for the table TERM one would do
               create sequence term_id increment by 1 start with 1000;
               insert into term (term_id.nextval, ...)
               However that is as well Oracle specific and therefore you
might want instead to have
               a different mechanism in place to make GO vendor independent

"comment"      This term cannot be used as column name

"synonym"      This term cannot be used as column name

"operation"         This table is not defined in the proposed_schema.sql,
but is referred upon as constraint in term_text_edit
               for instance

I stop now. Please mail me the new proposed_schema.sql as soon as it is
amended to take into consideration the above aspects
so that I can give it another try.

Please recall that my last work day for this year is likely going to be Dec
15 2000, I will be back Jan 10 2001.
Luca

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at genome.stanford.edu
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at genome.stanford.edu