format questions

Ian Holmes ihh at fruitfly.org
Tue May 9 00:09:08 PDT 2000

Hi... I've just subscribed to this list.

First off let me say how much I've enjoyed my brief contact with the GO
project so far, gush gush gush etc.

In writing a parser for the *.ontology text files, I encountered a couple
of oddities in function.ontology which look like fairly straightforward
glitches. Can someone please confirm this?

Currently the parser aborts when it hits these lines. Perhaps it should be
more forgiving..

The three putative broken lines (all in function.ontology)

> laccase ; GO:0008471 ; EC:1.10.3.2

[indentation appears to be wrong; no type character in front of "laccase"]

>    %thromboxane-A synthase ; GO:0004796 ; EC:5.3.99.5

[clashes with term GO:0008400. this term is not referenced anywhere else.
 maybe an obsoleted term?]

>       thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptor ; GO:0004997

[no type character in front of "thyrotropin..."]

Also, I don't know how to interpret the "(fly, mouse)" qualifiers that
appear in process.ontology. Currently the parser ignores these.

Ian

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at genome.stanford.edu
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at genome.stanford.edu