format questions

Joel Richardson jer at informatics.jax.org
Tue May 9 03:46:17 PDT 2000

Ian,

Thanks for your message. I checked the ontology files
and the syntax problems appear to have been corrected.
If yours truly ever finishes it, we will have a validating
parser in place, and avoid such problems in the future.

The "(fly, mouse)" qualifiers indicate that the particular
term applies only to these species (of the three current
participants). For example,
    %male meiotic spindle assembly ; GO:0007053 (fly, mouse)
does not apply to yeast.

thromboxane-A synthase does appear to be included twice, once
as GO:0004796 and once as GO:0008400. However, someone more
qualified than I should confirm. (Michael?)

Cheers,
Joel

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.  	jer at informatics.jax.org
The Jackson Laboratory		Phone:	(207) 288-6435
600 Main Street			Fax:	(207) 288-6132
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609		URL:	www.informatics.jax.org
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at genome.stanford.edu
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at genome.stanford.edu