format questions

Ian Holmes ihh at fruitfly.org
Tue May 9 08:56:15 PDT 2000

Joel,

> Thanks for your message. I checked the ontology files
> and the syntax problems appear to have been corrected.

great.

> If yours truly ever finishes it, we will have a validating
> parser in place, and avoid such problems in the future.

The 'parse.t' test script in software/GO/t (in the CVS repository)
will do something like this for you if you invoke it with "-reset"

essentially it just does this (perl):

	GO::Parser->new (GO::Builder->new) -> parse (@filenames);
	print "Parse succeeded\n";

> The "(fly, mouse)" qualifiers indicate that the particular
> term applies only to these species (of the three current
> participants). For example,
>     %male meiotic spindle assembly ; GO:0007053 (fly, mouse)
> does not apply to yeast.

OK... thanks!

> thromboxane-A synthase does appear to be included twice, once
> as GO:0004796 and once as GO:0008400. However, someone more
> qualified than I should confirm. (Michael?)
>
> Cheers,
> Joel

Thanks for your reply,

Ian