genome informatics meetings

Suzanna Lewis suzi at bdgp.lbl.gov
Fri Apr 20 15:53:51 PDT 2001

Hi,

I know some of you were interested in this meeting I mentioned when we
were together at TAIR and I can finally oblige with some concrete info.
I hope you can make it.

-S

GENOME INFORMATICS
August 8 - 12, 2001
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, UK
Arranged by:
Ewan Birney, European Bioinformatics Institute
Suzanna Lewis , University of California, Berkeley
Lincoln Stein, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

	The first Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory/Wellcome Trust
conference on Genome Informatics will focus on large scale genome
annotation and utilisation. The conference will begin on the
evening of Wednesday August 8, and finish after lunch on Sunday,
August 12. The Hinxton Hall Conference Centre is located several
miles south of Cambridge, and forms part of the Wellcome Trust
Genome Campus, together with the Sanger Centre and the European
Bioinformatics Institute. The conference will follow a format
similar to traditional Cold Spring Harbor meetings, in that the
majority of oral presentations will be drawn from openly submitted
abstracts.

	The focus for this conference is large scale genome
informatics. The explosion of biological data requires a
concomitant increase in the scale and sophistication of
information technology. This ranges from the storage of data and
their associated data models, to the design of effective algorithms
to uncover non-obvious aspects of these datasets, to ontologies to
concisely describe biological information, and finally to software
systems to support curation, visualisation, and exploration. The
conference brings together some of the leading scientists in this
growing field, and we strongly encourage researchers from other
large scale information handling disciplines to attend.

Topics

Annotation Pipelines
Genome Assembly
Gene Prediction
Functional Genomics
Gene Ontology
Genome Visualization
Software Engineering

Speakers/Discussion Leaders

Michael Ashburner
Mike Cherry
Michele Clamp
Richard Durbin
Jim Kent
Chris Mungall
John Quackenbush
John Richter
Joel Richardson

All registrations and abstracts MUST be submitted via our
web site www.cshl.org/meetings/hinxton.htm by the abstract
deadline, May 25, 2001. Late registration may be accepted
after the abstract deadline if the meeting is not
oversubscribed. In the event of oversubscription, every
effort will be made to ensure that all groups who wish to
participate will be represented. Status (talk/poster) of
abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as
decisions have been made by the organizers.

We look forward to seeing you at Hinxton, UK in August.

Conference Registration, Abstracts, Enquiries:
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Meetings & Courses Programs,
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724-2213, USA
URL:	http://nucleus.cshl.org/meetings/hinxtonmeetings.htm
Email: 	meetings at cshl.org
Phone: 	(516) 367-8346
Fax: 	(516) 367-8845

Conference Venue: Hinxton Hall Conference Centre,
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1RQ, UK
www.hinxton.wellcome.ac.uk/
Email: nicky.clarkson at hinxton.wellcome.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1223 495002 Fax: +44 (0)1223 495114
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org