New email address for companies to contact GO

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Apr 27 05:42:12 PDT 2001

For commercial companies using GO.
----------------------------------

We know that several companies are using GO.  At the moment the only way
for these to suggest changes to GO is to email a public list, or to privately
contact a GO worker whom they happen to know.  We realise that this may be
difficult for some companies as, by so doing, they may disclose their current
work to the world.

We have, therefore, established a contact for companies that wish to communicate
suggestions to GO in confidence.  This is by email to this address:

go-in at ebi.ac.uk

Mail to this address will only be read by Midori Harris, the new full-time
GO Biology Editor now working at the EBI on the NIH grant, Michael Ashburner,
Mike Cherry and Judy Blake.  We will keep the identity of the company requesting
a particular change confidential.  If we need to consult with colleagues we will
do so in such a way that is anonymous with respect to the companies requesting
help or changes to GO.

We hope that this will encourage all users of GO, not only those in academia,
to provide the GO Consortium with useful feedback.

Michael Ashburner & Midori Harris for the GO Consortium

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org