GO database

Bo.Servenius at astrazeneca.com Bo.Servenius at astrazeneca.com
Mon Aug 6 08:41:34 PDT 2001

Hi all GO-ers,

Slowly coming back to normal work after seeing some of you in Copenhagen,
where we talked about some aspects of GO and GO "stabilisation etc".

The GO db distribution has changed lately and if I understand the info on
the webpages correctly the most recent version of GO db should be found at

http://www.fruitfly.org/annot/go/database/downloads.html

However, the date here indicate that it was created May 10, 2001 and I am
pretty sure there are later ones out there. I would suggest that on this GO
Database page there should be clear information about current release and
when next release is expected. Now we here locally have several time wasted
time misunderstanding each others wich is the current version of GO db and
were it is.

Further more CGAP are referring to GO v 1.13 on their page "The CGAP GO
Browser is based on Version 1.13 of the Gene Ontology."
http://cgap.nci.nih.gov/Genes/GOBrowser

and it is hard to trace this to any documentation of the GO webpages. v1.13
is that same as May 10 or what?

Yours

Bosse

PS The mail archive is quite useful for catching up on what happens with GO
if you are away some time. However, currently the listing of messages is
very long - takes time just ot load it. The oldest messages are several
years old and might in fact be misleading to newcomers that want to catch up
on GO. I would suggest to split it up in sections for each year so that the
current version should only contain messages from 2001. Or could the system
used for GO-db mailing list be used?

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org