[Go-database] Re: GO database

Heather Butler hbutler at caprion.com
Thu Aug 16 09:15:21 PDT 2001

Hello,

> right now CGAP are refering to version 1.113 of the ontology
> which seems
> to me like they have taken the cvs revision number of *one* of the
> ontology files.

I thought that the number 1.113 was most likely refering to the version
number of the GO-Editor that was used to create the ontology and was
used mistakenly instead of the actual ontology version number. Could
this be true?

I also have a vague recollection about the monthly dumps being given
version numbers like: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc so that the ontologies released
at the beginning of each month will have the same version number and I
was wondering if this is still something that is going to happen.

Thanks,

Heather

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org