suggestions requested for plant trait ontology

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 21 09:55:06 PDT 2001

Pankaj

I do not like option 1 at all (over and above the fact that each term
must be lexically unique, it suffers from mixing chalk (the diseases)
and cheese (the scoring system).  It is a very good principle that
within a DAG all terms should belong to the same "semantic family"
- if I may create a phrase.  So, option 2 it should be.  I thought of
creating a separate "score" DAG but think that would be too cumbersome -
especially as the scores are disease specific.

Michael

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org