flat file version

Michael Myers myersm at mail.rockefeller.edu
Wed Aug 22 06:10:46 PDT 2001

Michael Ashburner replied:

>The flat files _are_ available from the server. eg:
>
>ftp://ftp.geneontology.org/pub/go/ontology/*.ontology

The *.ontology files may be flat in the sense that they are plain text. But they are also hierarchical and encoded.

By flat, I specifically meant lines with tab-delimited columns. I realize that would eliminate some of the semantic relationships between terms, but for some purposes that is acceptable. I do not not have expertise to deal with directed acyclic graph structures and how to represent them in a simple lookup table.

Off to write a parser...

thanx,

Michael Myers

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org