GO-SWING no longer supported

John Richter jmrichter at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 30 09:47:09 PDT 2001

With a wistful sigh, BDGP announces that the GO-SWING Gene Ontology
browser is no longer supported software. With so many outstanding GO
browsers, and with Java applets so difficult to maintain, we feel that our
efforts could be more profitably spent on other products. The applet is
still available, and we will do our best to keep it working, but we will
do no further development, and no more bug fixes will be issued.

There are many other excellent browsers available:

 * JAX HTML Browser -

	http://www.informatics.jax.org/go/

 * InterPro/SWISS-PROT HTML Browser -

	http://golgi.ebi.ac.uk/ego/QuickGO

 * BDGP HTML Browser -

	toy.lbl.gov:8888/cgi-bin/go.cgi

 * GO-EDIT, a standalone Java application -

	http://www.fruitfly.org/annot/go/editor.html

If there are any users who are interested in maintaining and improving
GO-SWING, please get in touch with us.

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org