GO Meeting in Bar Harbor July 16

Judy Blake jblake at informatics.jax.org
Thu May 3 11:01:12 PDT 2001

GO Meeting - July 16, 2001 - Bar Harbor, Maine

A meeting for people interested in the Gene Ontology project will be held
in Bar Harbor, Maine on July 16, 2001.  This is an opportunity to hear
about the incorporation of the GO into various annotation pipelines, to
report on your use of the GO, to review the GO project goals and
procedures, and to meet with other developers and users of the GO.
Demonstrations of GO annotation tools, discussion of current implementation
of the GO, and future development plans will be presented.

The meeting will be held at the College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor  from
9 am until 4 pm.  Registration is required.  General information and
registration details can be found at the GO Web site; specifically at
http://www.geneontology.org/Bar_Harbor_GO_meeting.html.  There will be a
nominal registration fee of $100 to cover lunch and costs of the meeting.
We will limit the number of participants if necessary as dictated by the
response.  We hope to offer open meetings such as this one at various sites
at least twice each year in the future.

Suggestions/abstracts for presentations, posters and working sessions can
be submitted via the registration form or may be sent directly to
go at geneontology.org.  Individual questions concerning this meeting can be
directed to either:

Janice Ormsby (accommodation and travel)
jeo at informatics.jax.org
1-207-288-6433

or

Judith Blake (meeting details)