What is new

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 10:48:02 PST 2001

** November 6 2001: Corrections to GO.
   ===================================

   As part of the checking of GO terms against the GO word dictionary
   (see go/doc/GO.word_dictionary) I have rationalised the use of the
   double hyphen (--) in enzyme names.  This is often used by the
   Enzyme Commission, but it makes searching in GO easier if a single
   hyphen is used in these names and also in chemical names that might appear
   elsewhere in GO.  Without this rationalisation some names would be
   present in GO in two forms, one with '--' and one with '-'.

   I have not yet finished checking against the dictionary but will report
   in this file any other systematic changes that I make.

[ma]

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org