GO & SwissProt

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 09:02:09 PST 2001

Hello,

The assignment of GO terms to gene products can be done by several
dirrerent methods; some methods make use of SwissProt keywords already
associated with a SwissProt entry, while other methods are independent of
SwissProt annotation.

It would help us address your question in more detair if you could provide
some examples of the discrepancies between SwissProt functions and GO
terms.

Regards,
Midori

============================