Use of deprecated GO IDs in current gene association tables

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 17 03:02:47 PST 2001

Fritz

Believe me, it is a synchrony problem.  Dataflow within FlyBase is
a nightmare and you really do not want to spoil your w/end
worrying about it !

Briefly, the master file of gene [product] <> GO associations is kept
in Cambridge.  About once a month/siz weeks there is a data dump to Harvard
where the data are pulled into Sybase.  That spews out the gene_association
table which goes to the GO site in Stanford and to the FlyBase sites.
The last dump was on Oct 17/18.  David Emmert (to whom this is cc'd)
will tell you when the next is.  It can easily take 6-8 weeks for
data I correct to get public. Frustrating ? You bet ! Can we change it
quickly ? 'fraid not.

Michael

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org