Quick GO - Problems finding terms

Bo.Servenius at astrazeneca.com Bo.Servenius at astrazeneca.com
Mon Sep 10 09:40:16 PDT 2001

Hi Midori,

You did not comment on Tom's statement below

These obsoleted terms - disappearing completely and reappearing in other
places are really annoying.

BTW I think the obsoleted terms should be more clearly marked - e.g with a
change in term name - add "obsolete" in front of the term. Then it should be
less risk that you misinterprete a listing of terms from say a clustering of
function terms. As the situation is now obsoleted function terms are as
valid belonging to the function tree as correct function term and that I do
not think is very smart.

I think that we need some sort of more formalised handling of the terms that
are to be "obsoleted".

Yours

Bosse

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org