Quick GO - Problems finding terms

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 08:24:55 PDT 2001

>just an idea that crossed my mind when i read this posting:
>stability of GO IDs is for many applications very useful. thus when the
>definition is improved, but still describes the same concept, it would
>be nice if the concept could still have the same old ID, or that it is
>possible to see at the ID that it is still the same concept.

>From GO.doc:

"A term will be given a new goid if its definition changes the concept or meaning of that term. This is true even if there is no
change to the term string. Conversely, a term string may change but retain its meaning, and the goid and definition would remain
the same in those cases. In other words, a goid is connected to a definition, regardless of what text string is used to represent the
definition."

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org