Evidence type "NA" in gene_association.mgi?

Karen Christie kchris at genome.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 26 14:45:37 PDT 2001

Hi Fritz,

Oddly, I am looking at the GO evidence codes right now (though for a
different reason)

The GO.evidence.html document explains NA under NAS. Here is the
relevant bit of text:

"NAS non-traceable author statement

Database entries that don't cite a paper (e.g. SwissProt records, YPD
protein reports) Statements in papers (abstract, introduction, or
discussion) that a curator cannot trace to another publication
Comment: Formerly NA (not available). See TAS, and see notes
below. Also, note that "author" can be interpreted quite loosely for
this code--for example, one doesn't have to know which curator entered
an untraceable statement that appears on a database record to use this
code"

-Karen

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org