GO and PROSITE

Xinghua Lu xlu at cbmi.upmc.edu
Fri Apr 5 10:24:36 PST 2002

Hi everyone,

The current GO sequnce files have PROSITE and other sequence patterns
associated with them.  I am try to develop a method to associate the GO term
with PROSITE patterns directly.  In another word, assign a GO term to the
patterns, so that people can search the GO for patterns too.  Has this been
done by anyone? Another question, is there such association that can be used
as "golden standard" for me to evaluate my result?  Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
Xinghua Lu
M.D., Ph.D
Center for Biomedical Informatics