Panned by Brenner

p-dyck at northwestern.edu p-dyck at northwestern.edu
Sat Apr 6 08:20:54 PST 2002

This wasn't a journal article or scientific report, it was one man's opinion.
This is clear from the format and the 'emotional' language he used. Listening
to opinions you don't like is the price you pay for free speech.

Maybe you should repsond to the editors, saying that printing these kinds of
diatribes discredits their publication. It is very obvious this guy doesn't
understand the aims or principles of GO. Specifically, that the sequence is the
object and the GO terms are a hierarchy of adjectives to describe it. As the
journal editors didn't catch this by reading his article it's 'their bad'.

Taking these kinds of people too seriously only gives them encouragement. The
same thing happened last summer at ISMB (GO getting slammed)and GO has exploded
in popularity since.

Tricia

jason at openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart) writes on 06 Apr 2002 08:02:16
-0700: