Panned by Brenner

Rolf Apweiler apweiler at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 06:51:44 PDT 2002

Hi Stan and other GOfriends,

"LETOVSKY, STANLEY I [AG/2165]" wrote:

> All,
>         At the risk of prolonging unnecessarily: I believe "the Scientist"
> is the publication organ of the ISI
> citation index service. The "list of GO success stories" could perhaps be
> achieved simply by querying
> the citation database to find the number of citations of the GO Nature
> paper, and perhaps appending
> the query result to the response.

I have access to the ISI database and the number of citations in ISI of the GO
Nature Genetics paper is Zero. The reason: It is a consortium paper and ISI is
not counting citations of papers of consortia but only of papers with lists of
individual authors. It is not only a problem of the GO consortium. Guess how
often this paper gets counted as a citation in ISI:
INT HUM GEN SEQ C    NATURE                      409       860      2001

Cheers

Rolf

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org