cost of creating GO

Jean-Luc Delatre jld at club-internet.fr
Fri Apr 19 10:20:12 PDT 2002

"Biddick, Kendra A." a écrit :

> Does anyone have an idea of how much (in either person hours or currency)
> has been spent to date to create GO?

I have NO idea, but I guess you may be asking this because you
are disappointed by some performance or ease-of-use problems.

I have myself NO interest or knowledge in genomics, biochemistry
or anything related, but I do have a STRONG interest in ontologies
creation, maintenance and interoperability:

  http://suo.ieee.org/email/msg08372.html

I came to the geneontology site and mailing list in order to
investigate a "live" case and I have seen already on the GO
mailing archive that there are quite a few difficulties.

Since I just arrived, I would like anyone having had problems in the
past to report those to me (off list), for I would like to make an
assessment of where the REAL problems come from in using large shared
ontologies in order to figure out if there may be solutions within reach.

I am only interested in problems of consistency, updates,
and conclict of meanings within the ontologies no just
mere bugs in the browsers or interface programs or plain
missing semi-colons in the ontology text.

Best.

-- Jean-Luc Delatre
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org