Announcing the open beta test of DictyBase

Chisholm, Rex (NUMS) r-chisholm at northwestern.edu
Mon Dec 9 09:44:46 PST 2002

Dear GO Friends,

We are pleased to announce the beginning of the DictyBase beta test.  We
hope you will go to

http://db.dictybase.org

and use it.  Our goal is to make the system useable by you.  We really need
your feedback to accomplish this goal.  The bottom of each page has a button
to send us email.  Please use it when ever you find something that doesn't
work, that you don't understand, see data that is wrong or improperly
annotated or curated, or if you have any suggestions of any sort.  To get
started, you may find it helpful to read thru the brief tutorial via the
button on the front page.

During the beta test please be aware that the system will continue to change
as will the data in the database.  Until we announce the "official" release
of the database, please be aware that the dictybase ID numbers will NOT be
stable.  However, we hope the system will be useful to the community.

We welcome your feedback, email dictybase at northwestern.edu.

The DictyBase Team

Eric Just
Petra Fey