dirigent proteins

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 2 02:50:19 PDT 2002

Sorry to be so long in replying to this:

I think that we need a new function term for dirigent proteins.  I have done
some reading and suggest this new term:

guiding stereospecific synthesis ; GO:??????? ; synonym:dirigent protein

definition: The orientation of free radical substrates in such a way that
only a particular stereoisomer is synthesised by an enzyme. Best characterised
as a function during lignan biosynthesis.

It is not clear where this should go, but I suggest that it could be a
direct child of "enzyme regulator" (GO:0030234) whose definition is
"Modulates the activity of an enzyme."

Feedback please.

Michael

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org