a possible error in table "term of the GO database

shany at pob.huji.ac.il shany at pob.huji.ac.il
Wed Jul 3 06:15:20 PDT 2002

hi,

We think we've found a misclassification of 9 GO terms in the GO database.
We found them at the table "term" in the field: "term_type". There should be
only one GO term classified in this field as root and we found another 9 terms
with that classification. When we querried a few of them with the AmiGO browser
we saw that their true type was biological process and that they have parents.
Therefore we think they were missclassified and we hope that they will be
corrected. We're attaching the 10 terms classified as root in a file.

Shany and Hagit