dirigent proteins

Pankaj Jaiswal pj37 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 3 12:22:55 PDT 2002

Plants like
Thuja plicata  PMID: 10074466
Linum flavum and Podophyllum peltatum PMID: 11130663
and others, including Arabidopsis, all suggest for "a stereochemical control of
monolignol coupling in the lignan biosynthesis". I don't think we should go for
a generic definition.

Thanks
Pankaj

"Michael Ashburner (Genetics)" wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I am tempted to use a much broader definition, rather than one that
> applies only for the dirigent protein - albeit the best characterised -
> used for (+)-pinoresinol synthesis.
>
> It is clear that these proteins are _not_ enzymes.

Pankaj Jaiswal, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Associate
Dept. of Plant Breeding
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY-14853, USA

Tel:+1-607-255-3103 / Fax:+1-607-255-6683
E mail: pj37 at cornell.edu
http://www.gramene.org
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org