GOFriends e-mail archive

Olivier Bodenreider olivier at nlm.nih.gov
Mon Jun 10 05:45:26 PDT 2002

Thierry,

I do not know any graph visualization tool doing a good job at drawing a
readable picture of 10,000 nodes. It probably becomes challenging with a
few hundred nodes.
However, a sliding window on the graph may sometimes provide good results
(from a cognitive point of view, I mean), assuming that the user is able to
move the window dynamically.

I have started to develop a graphical browser for the GO database. It has
most of the features I wanted, but it has not been tested yet. This is why
I prefer to answer off list. You are welcome to try it (at your own risks!)
if you wish. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

    http://etbsun2.nlm.nih.gov:8000/perl/gennav.pl

-- Dr. Olivier Bodenreider
   Staff Scientist

National Library of Medicine (LHC/CgSB)
8600 Rockville Pike - MS 43 (Bldg 38A, B1N28U)
Bethesda, MD 20894 -- USA
phone : (301) 435-3246
fax   : (301) 480-3035

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org