GO viewer 'Gene around'

Hidemasa U Bono bono at gsc.riken.go.jp
Tue May 14 05:59:35 PDT 2002

Dear GOfriends,

Thanks for your continuous effort to maintain this invaluable resource
for functional genomics. I'm Hidemasa Bono from RIKEN, making full use
of GO to understand mouse transcriptome.

I would like to introduce yet another GO browser from Japan. Different
from typical GO browser, this viewer requires SVG (Scalable Vector
Graphics) installed, and currently you need Internet Explorer with
Windows for more functionality (click to show the list of cloneIDs
that have GO term you selected, and double-click to change the view of
GO term) as technical reasons. You can see complicated GO hierachy
very easily.

example:
  http://db.aist-nara.ac.jp/genearound/data/go_viewer/process/html/0007165.html

search of your interest:
  http://db.aist-nara.ac.jp/cgi-bin/msearch.cgi

The name of the head investigator of that group is Prof. Yoshikawa,
who has been studied XML databases in information science field in
Nara Institute of Science and Technology. He kindly gives us to use
this GO viewer (to appear in 'Bioinformatics') for our FANTOM2
activity, and it was successfully integrated in current annotation
system to be opened after our publication. For more, please visit
their web site.
http://db.aist-nara.ac.jp/genearound/

Best regards,
Bono
--
Hidemasa U Bono, Special Postdoctoral Researcher
Genome Exploration Research Group(GERG),
http://kermit.gsc.riken.go.jp/ mailto: bono at gsc.riken.go.jp

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org