two questions: DAML+OIL, mapping to KEGG 'orthology'

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Wed May 15 15:19:04 PDT 2002

On the recommendation of Midori Harris, I wish to ask
a couple of questions:

First:  I have seen some mention of presenting the GO ontologies
in DAML+OIL.  Has this been done?  If so, are you pleased with
the expressiveness of this approach, and would you recommend it?

Second: Do you know of any attempt to map between (or even
unify) the GO ontologies, and the 'orthology' used by KEGG?
Here at the Institute of Systems Biology, our biologists are
very fond of KEGG; I -- as a programmer -- am naturally
drawn to clean design of GO, which I have used for the last year.

I want to make both KEGG and GO functional classifications
available here, and I want to use data structures and
ontology representations which make the most sense.  If you
have any advice for me, I'd love to hear it.

Many thanks,

  - Paul Shannon

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org