mapping to KEGG 'orthology'

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 29 06:36:24 PDT 2002

Paul

Sorry, I never got back to you on this. Yes ! please tell me more about yr work
in this area.

Michael
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:16:47 -0700
From: Paul Shannon <pshannon at systemsbiology.org>
To: ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
CC: go-friends at genome.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: mapping to KEGG 'orthology'

Hi Michael,

 > Do you know of any attempt to map between (or even
 > unify) the GO ontologies, and the 'orthology' used by KEGG?

you replied:

  > Late last year I had some discussions with KEGG about
  > this. I think we should do this - map KEGG and GO and I
  > am now stimulated by your email to take this further.

If you have a moment free, ccould you tell me a little more?
Perhaps I could contribute a little bit to the effort.  Or,
at the very least,  knowing something of your approach
may help me to avoid bad ideas as I put together a partial
and ad hoc mapping of KEGG to GO in order to solve my
immediate problem.

Regards,

 - Paul

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org