Problem with displaying relationship

Vincent, Leszek Leszek at missouri.edu
Wed Aug 6 08:37:44 PDT 2003

Dear GO Friends,

Hopefully one or more of you will have a solution to my problem
involving DAG-Edit 1.320.

Here's a summary:

My developing ontology for Zea mays (maize/corn) has several instances
of "DERIVED/DEVELOPS_FROM" relationship. I have used the configuration
plugin to set up an icon for this "D" relationship (following the
pattern of the ISA & PARTOF entries in the icon configuration list - I
used the 'D-in-the-green-square' icon that was available & configured it
with the Derived/Develops_From description.

The problem is that whenever I load my term & definition files I can't
get this relationship to be displayed in the term window UNLESS I do
either of the following 'tweaks' to get the relationship to be
displayed:

EITHER - I copy a term which has this DERIVED/etc. relationship to
another term. This immediately results in the DERIVED/etc. relationship
being displayed in all instances (together with any drop-down (+ boxes)
where these are present. I then have to undo the copy step - but the
displayed relationships remain displayed.

OR - From the Filters option (top menu item) I UNSELECT & then RE-SELECT
the 'Show relationships of type Derived/Develops_from' & this results in
all the DERIVED/etc. relationships being displayed.

Clearly neither of these tweaks is a solution. I'd be grateful for
comment on what I'm overlooking in the configuration of DAG-Edit 1.320
(or another cause) that is causing this malady.

Sincerely,
- Leszek Vincent
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
P. Leszek D. Vincent Ph.D., FLS
Plant Science Unit, Dept. of Agronomy, 209 Curtis Hall,
University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211-7020, USA.
Ph: (573) 884-3716 (Agronomy); Fax:(573) 884-7850;
Ph/Fax (Home): (573) 441-1228;
Email: Leszek at missouri.edu
Yahoo! Messenger: leszekvincent
Plant Systematist on the Maize Mapping Project - NSF award 9872655 -
(http://www.maizemap.org/ and  http://www.agron.missouri.edu/)
Associate Curator, Dunn-Palmer Herbarium (UMO)
Research Associate, Missouri Botanical Garden, USA
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org