MULTI GO VIEWER

Dr. Scot E. Dowd sdowd at lbk.ars.usda.gov
Thu Dec 4 12:30:04 PST 2003

Answering many of the inquiries here!

LOL, What a great eye for fly eyes!  I think this image problem has been
dealt with in a swift manner.

The viewer does have an all text selection.

Our connection (not software or computer) is temporarily slow, but
thankfully our internet and intranet is currently being upgraded.  We also
have computer names in the works to take out use of IP.  We will also submit
the application to GO tools and are working on making source available once
the recursive level calls are implimented.

Another application we have build is a windows multithreaded software for GO
annotation.  Our commercial friends were trying to take it over but I have
kept it as freeware. V1 is almost ready.  For V2 we are incorporating a few
retrainable neural nets for automating various redundant but
investigator/project specific tasks and incorporating several genefinders to
take it to genome scale.

I am not the owner of the tortula or physcomitrella data but will encourage
them to allow me to send out the association files.  They are ISS but have
been manually reviewed by the investigators.

Also please advise, if you think the forum is a good idea, and let me know
those who would be best to serve as moderators for the forum.  Certainly not
myself.  The benefits of forums are they do not clog your mailbox are much
easier to search for previously answered questions (ours has integrated
search feature), and browse etc.  Mail lists are great for spreading word
but not for support and QA purposes. JMO!

If the forum I have provided is not adequate or the core group would like it
hosted on another server it is snitzforum2000 which is freeware.  Don't
worry I am not insulted if you set up your own.

My controlled giganet is going in this month and a partial t1 by the end of
the year fingers crossed so we will have adequate spead for the new year.

Thanks for wonderful suggestions

Dr. Scot E. Dowd Ph.D.
Research Microbiologist
USDA-ARS Livestock Issues Research Unit