How to annotate a list of genes functionally

Evelyn Camon camon at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 04:07:25 PST 2003

Dear Omid,

Which species are you interested in?

At GOA we produce GO annotation to the proteins in Swiss-Prot/TrEMBL.
At the moment we cover about 60,000 species.
You can download our files from the EBI FTP site accessible via the
GOA home page:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA

Is there anyway that you can find out the EMBL/DDBJ/GenBank
or Swiss-Prot accession number for your genes? You can also
search GO and GOA via the EBI's sequence retrieval system (SRS).
http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/

If you are interested in Yeast I believe SGD have a tool called the
GO Term Finder (finds common GO terms used to describe a group of
genes):
http://genome-www4.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/SGD/GO/goTermFinder

Also there is the AmiGO browser (GO Consortium Browser)
where you can search gene product names.

kind regards
Evelyn