Gene identifier synonym table standard and/or repository?

Fritz Roth froth at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 13 07:54:41 PST 2003

Greetings GOphiles,

We are working on some new software that uses GO annotation, and we would
really like it to support all GO-annotated organisms.  Our chief barrier to
doing this is the lack of gene identifier synonym tables for each organism
(so that users can enter gene names rather than being restricted to MOD
IDS, e.g., SGD or MGI IDs).

Is there an agreed GO Consortium standard for gene identifier synonym
tables (could be as simple as tab-delimited text with a synonym-uniqueID
pair on each line).  If so, is there a repository for such files?  Or is
this a GMOD question?

Thanks!
Fritz Roth

Frederick P. Roth, Asst. Professor
Harvard Medical School
Dept. of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
250 Longwood Avenue, SGMB-322, Boston, MA 02115
(617) 432-3551 phone            (617) 432-3557 FAX
froth at hms.harvard.edu           http://llama.med.harvard.edu
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org