Gene identifier synonym table standard and/or repository?

Hester Wain hester at galton.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 09:42:37 PST 2003

Hello Fritz,

For human genes there is a list of approved symbols along with aliases and
previous symbols (all synonyms) available at URL:

http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/public-files/nomen/searchdata.txt
HGNC ID Status  Approved Gene Symbol    Approved Gene Name      Previous
symbol Enzyme ID       Location        Aliases MGI
PMID1   PMID2   Sequence Accession ID   Previous Gene Name      GDB
ID  LocusLink ID    OMIM    Ref_Seq Swiss-Prot ID

Hester

At 10:54 13/02/2003 -0500, Fritz Roth wrote:
>Greetings GOphiles,
>
>We are working on some new software that uses GO annotation, and we would
>really like it to support all GO-annotated organisms.  Our chief barrier
>to doing this is the lack of gene identifier synonym tables for each
>organism (so that users can enter gene names rather than being restricted
>to MOD IDS, e.g., SGD or MGI IDs).
>
>Is there an agreed GO Consortium standard for gene identifier synonym
>tables (could be as simple as tab-delimited text with a synonym-uniqueID
>pair on each line).  If so, is there a repository for such files?  Or is
>this a GMOD question?
>
>Thanks!
>Fritz Roth

>Frederick P. Roth, Asst. Professor
>Harvard Medical School
>Dept. of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
>250 Longwood Avenue, SGMB-322, Boston, MA 02115
>(617) 432-3551 phone            (617) 432-3557 FAX
>froth at hms.harvard.edu           http://llama.med.harvard.edu

Hester Mary Wain PhD
Nomenclature Project Manager and Editor
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee
The Galton Laboratory
University College London, UK
Email:nome at galton.ucl.ac.uk
Tel:44-20-7679-5027
Fax:44-20-7387-3496
The work of the HGNC is supported by NIH contract N01-LM-9-3533 (60%)
and by the UK Medical Research Council (40%).
This email, together with any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the
sender's prior consent is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender by email immediately
and delete the message from your computer without making any copies.

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org